This first image shows a screen shot in which I imported my clips. As I was using digital, instead of analogue, I did not have to capture the video information; instead, I had to import the files from the camera which was plugged in via USB.
My files were then uploaded to the computer and could be put into Final Cut Express. The file names were camera standard so they were a mix of numbers/letters, although I manually renamed these files so that it made it easier upon editing. These files are the ones that I will continue to edit and will be included within the final edit of the video.
My files were then imported into Final Cut Express. I created a 'bin' folder in which I put any 'leftover' clips that I was not going to use. This was because they were not good quality to be in the final edit (e.g. outtakes, bad shots etc).
Upon cropping a video, I chose the ''cut'' tool (shortcut = press B key) which enabled me to select a time within a video to crop it. The image below shows the timeline when this action is being taken out, as the grey line indicates where the clip will be cut. It cut the video and sound clip together so that they would both move at the same time.
To make some clips seem more fluent, I added in a transition so that it smoothly continued from one shot to the next. I took out this action by clicking on ''effects'' and then ''transitions''. I then selected an appropriate transition, in this case a cross dissolve, and applied it in between the title screen and first clip. This resulted in the shots flowing well together without there being a sudden change between frames.
The screenshot below shows how I layered my clips on the timeline to make it easier when editing. On the top line, I placed the clips that the antagonist was in. On the middle line, I placed clips where the protagonist was in shot. This was for ease of use and I found it very helpful.
The audio needed to be mixed as I wanted to add music over the top of the video, although I also wanted the speech within some clips to be heard. I selected the tool which looks like a mountain (down in the bottom left) which brings up the volume level for each clip. This then enabled me to adjust the sound level accordingly, making the soundtrack quiet when I wanted the speech to be heard on the video.
As I wanted to add text at the end of the advertisement for the slogan, I selected 'Text' and then 'Basic Text' so that it was static. I then changed the colour/font/size etc and placed it upon the video clip.
To upload music to my advertisement, I opened up iTunes and simply used the 'drag and drop' feature to import the clips into Final Cut Express. I could then put the songs onto the timeline > change the length > render them.
Upon saving the final edit of my advertisement, I selected 'File' and then 'Print to Video'. This then brought up the screen shown below and I was able to change the specification to my needs.
After the process above was taken out, the video started to print to the video. I had to make sure that all clips were rendered and shots were continuous before starting the save my advertisement.











No comments:
Post a Comment