First of all, we organised a focus group in order to receive feedback from the audience straight after they viewed the advertisement; we decided to ask them questions almost immediately, although giving them time to think about what they just viewed, so that the advertisement was still fresh in their mind. We decided to record the Q&A with the audience so that we could refer back to it when collecting our results. We started at one end asking the first person a question and then went around the room allowing all others to answer this same question.
We collected a range of different answers which allows us to look at how people like different parts of the advertisement. We asked a diverse audience, making sure that we did not just ask just one group of the same age. This means that our feedback was reliable as it shows what people of different ages think about it; as we aimed the advertisement for a wide audience (young and older audiences) we could tell if it was successful or not by finding out if both audiences enjoyed it.
We collected a range of different answers which allows us to look at how people like different parts of the advertisement. We asked a diverse audience, making sure that we did not just ask just one group of the same age. This means that our feedback was reliable as it shows what people of different ages think about it; as we aimed the advertisement for a wide audience (young and older audiences) we could tell if it was successful or not by finding out if both audiences enjoyed it.
As for the questions asked to the audience members, we decided to use two different types of questions so we could record the results in different ways. We used qualitative research as well as quantitative research to collect a range of answers that we could, at a later date, show in different ways; qualitative research was used to gather in-depth understanding of the audiences answers and why they said what they did. We asked questions on what the viewer liked/disliked about the advert and asked them to explain their answer.
An example of this is the question ''Which did you prefer: the storyline/the shots? Why?''. This allows the viewer to say which aspect they preferred and then state why they think this. Quantitative research was used to gather numerical results to understand how many people shared the same views. An example of when this was used is the question ''How well has the advertisement been edited?''. The way in which the viewer would answer this is on a scale from 1 (poor) to 10 (excellent). Upon collecting data for this, I could add up how many people selected each answer which would then determine how effective the editing was within the advertisement and how well it was put together.
We also created a survey online which can be seen on the blog after the advertisement had been posted. This survey is also linked within the description of the advertisement on the website YouTube. This means that anyone from all over the world can see this advertisement and take out the survey. This is a positive aspect as it allows the advertisement to be seen by a wide audience and receives feedback from all backgrounds of life. I will then collect these results via the website the survey is on (SurveyMonkey) and examine them.
I also used both open and closed questions within my feedback forms to collect a range of answers. I used closed questions (yes/no) to receive feedback that is easy to put into a graph/table. This was also done for the viewer answering the questions as they are easy/quick to fill out. This is more reliable as they aren't likely to lie to complete it faster as they may do if it was a blank box they had to fill out. I did, however, also ask open questions to allow the viewer to think and reflect on the advertisement and give their opinions and feelings within the answer box. This allows me to understand why people think that an aspect may be good/bad and allows them to explain in detail.
I feel that I have collected the feedback in the best way and I hope to see that the results are positive and that the audience feel as though the advertisement was successful. I will look at all results collected and then present them using various methods. I will present the video clips taken when asking questions to the audience, and show the feedback in graphs/charts.
An example of this is the question ''Which did you prefer: the storyline/the shots? Why?''. This allows the viewer to say which aspect they preferred and then state why they think this. Quantitative research was used to gather numerical results to understand how many people shared the same views. An example of when this was used is the question ''How well has the advertisement been edited?''. The way in which the viewer would answer this is on a scale from 1 (poor) to 10 (excellent). Upon collecting data for this, I could add up how many people selected each answer which would then determine how effective the editing was within the advertisement and how well it was put together.
We also created a survey online which can be seen on the blog after the advertisement had been posted. This survey is also linked within the description of the advertisement on the website YouTube. This means that anyone from all over the world can see this advertisement and take out the survey. This is a positive aspect as it allows the advertisement to be seen by a wide audience and receives feedback from all backgrounds of life. I will then collect these results via the website the survey is on (SurveyMonkey) and examine them.
I also used both open and closed questions within my feedback forms to collect a range of answers. I used closed questions (yes/no) to receive feedback that is easy to put into a graph/table. This was also done for the viewer answering the questions as they are easy/quick to fill out. This is more reliable as they aren't likely to lie to complete it faster as they may do if it was a blank box they had to fill out. I did, however, also ask open questions to allow the viewer to think and reflect on the advertisement and give their opinions and feelings within the answer box. This allows me to understand why people think that an aspect may be good/bad and allows them to explain in detail.
I feel that I have collected the feedback in the best way and I hope to see that the results are positive and that the audience feel as though the advertisement was successful. I will look at all results collected and then present them using various methods. I will present the video clips taken when asking questions to the audience, and show the feedback in graphs/charts.
No comments:
Post a Comment